Food and Refuse Collections

Search for your food waste and refuse collection day, read a guide on how to report a missed bin and see changes to collections due to Bank Holidays.

We ask bins to be placed out for emptying before 6am on the day of collection but no earlier than the evening before.

Refuse bags containing food waste can become a target for pests, birds and vermin; our food waste collection service will help prevent this.  It is also unsightly for neighbours and the community.

Please enter your street name and town and then click on Search. You do not need to use ' when typing in the details.

Schedule changes over the 31st August bank holiday period.

Normal collection day Altered collection day

Monday 31st August

Tuesday 1st September

Tuesday 1st September

Wednesday 2nd September

Wednesday 2nd September

Thursday 3rd September

Thursday 3rd September

Friday 4th September

Friday 4th September

Saturday 5th September

You can receive email alerts on future bank holiday changes by signing up to our newsletter.

Missed Collections

If your food waste or refuse has been missed for collection, please see how to report it to us below:

You can also apply for a replacement food waste container or recycling equipment, or join our food waste scheme.

Assisted Collections

If you are elderly, infirm or disabled and do not have any family members or friends who can help you to put out your refuse or kerbside recycling or both, you can apply for an assisted collection online.

This means our collection staff will be able to collect your waste from a location at your property that is more suitable for your situation, as normally your rubbish must be placed at the front boundary of your property for collection.

Discarded Items

If you are unsure of what can and can't be disposed of amongst your household waste, please refer to our pages covering