Noise and Pollution
- Information on air quality for Lewes District.
Environmental Information Request
- Information on Environmental Information Requests
Environmental Permitting and Chimney Heights
- Companies carrying out activities that could potentially cause emissions to air, land or water may need to hold an Environmental Permit and/or a Chimney Height Approval
- Vehicles emitting excessive smoke can be reported as they contribute pollutants into the atmosphere affecting the quality of the air we breath.
- Land is monitored for contamination and action taken if it’s likely to cause problems for people or the environment.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas present in all parts of the UK, although the gas disperses outdoors so levels are generally very low.
Noise Nuisance and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Noise is defined as unwanted sound and it can come from a number of sources, such as: loud music, barking dogs, machinery, construction and DIY activity, shouting, banging doors, alarms and transport.
Odours and Smells
- Bad odours and smells can be reported and in certain instances action can be taken to prevent it from happening.
Smoke Free Compliance
- Enclosed public places in the district are subject to smokefree laws. We enforce this and offer help for businesses to comply. Find further information on how to apply and the application process.
- If you are planning to light a bonfire, or if you want to complain about a neighbour causing a nuisance with smoke, we offer the following advice and guidance.