Artificial Light Nuisance
- Information about artificial light, how it can cause a nuisance and what your we can do to prevent it.
Beach and Water Safety
- We ensure those using our beaches and coast do so safely and responsibly for the enjoyment of all.
Drains and drainage
- Information on drains and drainage, including who is responsible for maintenance and repair.
- Depending on where you live within the district, either South East Water or Southern Water are responsible for the supply and quality of the drinking water.
- Information and advise on fireworks, their use, and what you can do if you are affected by them.
- A number of infectious diseases, including food poisoning, are required to be notified to us by General Practitioners (GP).
- We take reasonable steps to investigate complaints of nuisance insects, where they emanate from industrial, trade or business premises.
Public Health Funerals
- We have a statutory duty to make arrangements for the funeral of any person who has died in the Lewes district where it appears no suitable arrangements for the disposal of the body have been made.