Your Council Tax Explained
- Useful information which can accompany your Council Tax bill.
- Sign up for self-service to access your council tax, benefits, business rates and Landlords payments accounts.
How to pay your Council Tax
- Ways to pay your council tax bill including online, telephone, post, PayPoint and direct debit.
Council Tax Exemption and Discounts
- Some residents are entitled to discounts and exemptions on paying Council Tax depending upon their circumstances.
Council Tax - Change Of Address
- Inform us of a change of address with regards to your Council Tax. Please complete the form with all the relevant information.
Council Tax Banding - How Council Tax is set
- Council Tax is based on the value of your property. Each domestic property in the district has been classified into one of eight valuation bands. Find out the Council Tax charged for each band.
Where your Council Tax goes
- Information on how your Council Tax is set and the spending plans for each relevant local authority in the Lewes District.
Changes to the Council Tax Reduction Scheme
- In April 2013 the Government abolished the national Council Tax Benefit Scheme and since then each local authority has had to put in place its own local scheme.
Council Tax - The Responsible Bill Payer
- We define who is responsible for paying the Council Tax at your property and their hierarchy status.
Council Tax Enforcement
- We can take action if you do not and will not pay your local taxes. Here’s a guide to our enforcement procedures if you do not or will not pay your taxes.